The monastery was founded in the year 780, but wants the records date back to the early 11th century.
The Abbey Church was restored in the 16th and 17th century, but retains the structures of the 12th century.
Is divided into three naves by columns quadrilaterals, the presbytery is raised to accommodate the crypt; the altar is decorated with green and white marble inlays. The Bell Tower, in five tiers of openings, refers to types of Lombardy.
Among the works, the cross painted with stories of the passion of master of Rosano (12th century), recently restored (Opificio delle Pietre Dure, 2006); the Annunciation with Saints Lawrence, Benedict, Giovan Battista and Nicola di Giovanni da Ponte (1434); the Annunciation by Jacopo di Cione (1365).