Santa Maria in Campo Arsiccio Oratory

The small medieval church, single Hall, covered by trusses lines, is introduced on the left flank by a porch from the simple Renaissance type, and contains fragmentary frescoes, even overlapping, of great interest, dating from the 14th and 15th century. The paintings, which decorate almost all the walls, show to the right of the cross cycle: the last supper, the prayer in the garden of olives, the kiss of Judas, the mockery of Jesus ‘ trial before Pilate, flagellation, the weeping of the Holy women. On the back wall is painted a representation of the last judgment; superimposed on this is an Annunciation dated 1363. The paintings on the wall on the left are fragmentary and do not clearly legible.

 

 
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial