Rignano Bridge

The Ponte mediceo di Rignano connects the left bank of the River Arno, where there is the village of Rignano sull’arno, right where is located the village of San Clemente.
Is used for pedestrian and vehicular traffic: is part of the route linking the regional road 69 and its capital rignanese.
The bridge is located on one of the oldest river crossings of the River Arno, and characterizes the via Cassia (Cassia Adriana) than the previous Etruscan path (Cassia Vetus) in the path between Arezzo and Florence: the latter in fact crossed the Arno.
The origins of the bridge must be found between 1280 and 1380 about 20 bridges were built in the territories controlled by the municipality of Florence.
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial